What are the benefits?
* Increased amounts of information to facilitate better career decisions
* Interact with employers through voice and video chat
* Apply to jobs or just leave CV in "CV drop" corners
* Provide a confidential environment for candidates to enter a career fair and approach employers
* Visit the career fair at the time of your choice - 24x7
* Lower cost and increased convenience
Frequently Asked Questions
Following are the answers to some of the frequently asked questions (FAQs) at the Virtual Job Fair.
1. What is Virtual Job Fair? When it is going to happen?
A: Middle East Virtual Job Fair will take place in between May 26 - 30, 2013.
2. I registered for the Middle East Virtual Job Fair but I don't see any login button to go inside the Virtual Job Fair?
A:The Middle East Virtual Job Fair is going to be live from May 26 - 30, 2013. You will not be able to login before that. You can use the same login/password you created from May 26 - 30, 2013 to go inside the virtual job fair, chat/video chat with employers and apply to hundreds of relevant jobs.
3. What is the Bayt.com Virtual Job Fair?
A: It is an online recruitment environment that goes live and stays live online for a limited period of time. It is designed to bring jobseekers and companies together to exchange valuable information for recruitment purposes and to explore potential fits.
4. What is the duration of Virtual Job Fair?
A: The duration is for 5 days.
5. What is the timing of the Virtual Job Fair?
A: You can apply to jobs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However to chat with employers please check the timing section of each company booth once the Online Fair is open since each employer has a different time availability.
6. Where can I find the list of participating companies?
A: Visit the website to see updated list of confirmed participants.
7. How can I send you my resume / CV?
A: To apply to a job, you will need to visit Company Booths and apply to Jobs over there as per the company application procedure.
8. How do I register on the Virtual Job Fair?
A: To register, please log on to http://virtualjobfair.bayt.com/and click on the "register now" button and fill in the registration form. Once your registration is confirmed, you can log in between May 26 - 30, 2013 using your email address and password as provided in the registration form. It is imperative that you register to take advantage of all the benefit on offer.
9. What can I do in the Virtual Job Fair?
A: In the Virtual Job Fair you can: * Get information about companies' culture, objectives and values * Interact with employers/recruiters through the chat form and video chat * View fresh and exciting Jobs from top employers of the region * Submit your CV to the company of your interest * Apply directly to these jobs
10. How do I apply to jobs on the Virtual Job Fair?
A: Each employer's booth will have job vacancies. To apply to these jobs, you will have to simply follow the procedure as per each and every company application procedure.
11. Is there a physical job fair that th Virtual Job Fair supports?
A: No, the Virtual Job Fair is a completely online and 100% self-sufficient job fair.
12. Do I need to register as a candidate to attend the job fair?
A: You will need to enter your name, your email address and location details to go inside the Virtual Job Fair.
13. How do I apply to jobs in the Virtual Job Fair?
A: Each employer's booth will have job vacancies posted. To apply to these jobs, you will have to use the methods as per their application procedure.
14. I registered previously on the Virtual Job Fair, but cannot locate my login and password. How do I get these sent to me?
A: Your login is your e-mail address that you used when registering.
15. Would I be able to view job vacancies of all participating companies?
A: You can browse through each employer booth and view the vacancies offered by each and every company.
16. How can I leave my CV at the virtual booths?
A: You can send your CV by: * Applying to the advertised jobs * Dropping your CV to companies that allow the option of spontaneous applications.
17. How do I know if my CV has reached the company I have applied to?
A: When you apply to a particular position, you will receive a confirmation message.
18. I did not realize but I applied twice to the same position. What would happen in this case?
A: Do not worry about this, if it happens you will get this message: "you have already applied to this position."
19. If I send my CV to a company, would other companies be able to view my CV as well?
A: No, your application will be strictly confidential and only the company you have applied to will receive your CV.
20. How do I chat and/or video chat with an employer?
A: To interact with a recruiter, click on an Employer booth and hit the Chat tab. Once the Chat page opens, you will see a box with the company representative name (Rep-Name). Hit IM "Instant Messaging" and start interacting with the employer.
21. What are the differences between the three levels of companies in the Exhibition Hall?
A: The difference is in what you can do in each booth. In the companies that are within the Platinum and Gold Pavilion, you can - Drop your CV for a spontaneous application - View the company information and obtain more details on its products and services and culture. - Get the contact details of the company representatives - Go through jobs and apply to them - Chat with recruiters - Video chat with recruiters - Download documents In the companies that are within the Silver Pavilion, you can - View the company information - Get the contact details of the company representatives - Go through jobs and apply to them - Chat with recruiters - Video chat with recruiters - Download documents
22. What are the technology requirements to properly view the Virtual Job Fair?
A: You will only need to install the Adobe Flash Player on your computer. To download it, please visit the following link.http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
23. Are there any Internet browser requirements?
All Internet Browsers are supported; however performances are optimized with Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.
24. I don't have a Web cam. Do I have to do a video interview?
A: The video interview is not required (you can simply submit your resume to employers), but keep in mind that the reason employers are participating in the Virtual Career Fair is to provide video feedback in both directions.
25. I log on tohttp://virtualjobfair.bayt.combut I'm not able to view the page.
A: You might need to update the page. For that, please press simultaneously Control + F5, you should be able to view the page
26. How can I disable the Pop-up blocker in my computer?
A: As there are many pop-up blocking software packages, we have only chosen the most popular ones. To disable the Mozilla pop-up blocker: - Open the Tools menu and click on Options. - Click on the Web Features icon in the list on the left. - Remove the checkmark from beside the Block Popup Windows option. - Click OK to close the window. To disable the Internet Explorer pop-up blocker on the Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack: - Open the Tools menu - Select the Pop-up Blocker option - Select the Turn Off Pop-up Blocker option.